Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

+

Hello Beauties,
welcome back to my blog

Today we'll be talking about face masks Yaaaaayyyyy
There are lots of amazing skincare remedies you can make with items from your kitchen. So why spend tons of money on store bought products when you can make yours?

I've tried a few but this particular one is quite new and i got the recipe from www.thebeautyeditor.com so i decided to give it a go

Avocado, Banana and Honey Face Mask: This mask is super-moisturizing! Here are some amazing properties and benefits of this fruits on your skin.

 Avocado contains tons of minerals and vitamins A &  E, both of which have anti oxidant properties,  it also helps repair damaged skin. It helps heal the skin in 2 ways : it adds moisture to the skin and also looks it in to keep it moisturised a lot longer.Secondly avocado fights the natural effects of aging in two ways. First, it contains vitamin A, which is a form of retinol. Retinol is a major factor in the appearance of an individual’s skin, because it can help boost new cell growth and collagen production.

Banana contains : Vitamin A which gets rid of dark spots and blemishes, it also evens out rough skin.
Vitamin B which delays aging, lessens dryness, moisturizes and lightens skin, it also contains Vitamin E & it works as "The Protector". Combats free radical impairment, boosts the skin’s sun-rays resistance, prevents and diminishes appearance of wrinkles. Finally banana has some Potassium which Gets rid of dry skin by moisturizing and hydrating skin cells.

Honey: Especially raw or unpasteurized, is a fabulously versatile and all-natural ingredient to use on skin. It's full of antioxidants, which are good for wrinkles and aging skin. It is antibacterial, which helps with acne treatments and prevention. It clarifies skin by opening up and unclogging pores.

Imagine so much goodness on your skin! Uh-la-la


I prepared mine last night, so here's the recipe (forgive the low quality images, it was quite late at night & my camera has issues so i used my phone camera)

½ avocado
1 small banana
1 teaspoon of honey (preferably raw, organic and unfiltered)

Mash and mix together with a fork or blender until blended.
I didn't get a perfectly smooth mixture because I used a fork to mash mine, i tried using a blender but couldn't because the quantity was small and might not blend well but next time I'll double the quantity so that it blends well and apply the remnant on my husband's face lol (if he agrees)
Wash and rinse your face

Then gently exfoliate to enable the mask sink in
I used my Aloe deep cleansing Exfoliator from my Sonya skincare kit, it's so gentle on the skin.

Soon I'll be sure to post my favourite DIY exfoliator recipe for you it's easy and cheap to make.

Rinse off and dry your face with a clean towel

Spread the mask over your face and neck and leave for 15-20 minutes
It can be messy so be sure to lie down on your back when you have it on, I didn't lie down so it was falling off and I was busy licking it because it's so delicious lol, trust me you won't be able to resist it too
Finally, rinse off with warm water.

It's so moisturizing and I'm sure my face thanked me.

Would you give it a go? If you do kindly let me know your thoughts below.

Lots of love

7:00 AM

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Top